Thomas is a fellow member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and has 33 years of post-qualification experience, of which 31 years were in the profession and around 2 years in industry.
He was with Lovelock & Lewes (now part of Price Waterhouse Coopers), Chartered Accountants, for a good period of 12 years where he rose to become senior manager and later group manager. He was involved in the statutory/ tax audits of companies involved in a variety of industries, including an integrated steel plant, as well as in audits of trusts, clubs, etc. He successfully managed the audits of a public sector company involved in the exploration, production and transportation of crude oil and natural gas for two years.
He has handled the following types of assignments (apart from statutory / tax audits)
- Internal audits
- Due diligence reviews for takeovers
- Valuation of business for mergers
- Various certification assignments under central excise laws and under foreign collaboration agreements
- Secretarial compliances under the Companies Act including drafting
- Assisting in the preparation of prospectus/ letters of offer in accordance with SEBI guidelines/ reports of accountants in prospectus, etc.
He was earlier the Chief Accountant of a group of tea companies having 4 tea estates.
He holds a Diploma in Information Systems Audit and Certification of IFRS, Valuation, as well as of Forensic & Fraud Prevention issued by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
He has also a registered Insolvency Professional with the Insolvency & Bankruptcy Board of India.
Contact Thomas at Ph. 080-22276220; Email firstname.lastname@example.org